O Lord, my life was known to Thee
Ere Thou had’st caused me yet to be,
Thy spirit ever dwells in me.
Could I, cast down by Thee, have gained
A standing place, or, if restrained
By Thee, go forth with feet unchained?
Hear me, Almighty, while I pray;
My thoughts are in Thy hand alway.
Be to my helplessness a stay!
O may this hour Thy favour yield,
And may I tread life’s battle-field
Encompassed by Thy mercy’s shield.
Wake me at dawn Thy name to bless,
And in Thy sanctuary’s recess
To praise and laud Thy holiness.
Translated by Alice Lucas
Yehudah HaLevi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At Morning by Yehudah HaLevi )
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
- He Sleeps Too Much, Jena Crowe
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)