O Lord, my life was known to Thee
Ere Thou had’st caused me yet to be,
Thy spirit ever dwells in me.
Could I, cast down by Thee, have gained
A standing place, or, if restrained
By Thee, go forth with feet unchained?
Hear me, Almighty, while I pray;
My thoughts are in Thy hand alway.
Be to my helplessness a stay!
O may this hour Thy favour yield,
And may I tread life’s battle-field
Encompassed by Thy mercy’s shield.
Wake me at dawn Thy name to bless,
And in Thy sanctuary’s recess
To praise and laud Thy holiness.
Translated by Alice Lucas
Yehudah HaLevi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At Morning by Yehudah HaLevi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Looking Upon Us, Naveed Akram
- Sweet Valentine, Lara A. Aqrawi
- No Reins, Lauren B Called
- Nothing like IT, george albot