At The Bend Of The World
After some debate
two of the crows decided
to start on the eyes
of the fallen one.
Those eyes did not reflect sky
any more nor earth
for all that matter.
Other crows, lower ranking,
began their digging
closer to the tail,
perhaps searching for liver
or some such innard.
I tried for silence
and even some reverence
for the way of things.
November 7, 2013 7: 21 PM
Christopher Hileman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At The Bend Of The World by Christopher Hileman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote