Constantine P. Cavafy
At The Theatre
I got bored looking at the stage
and raised my eyes to the box circle.
In one of the boxes I saw you
with your strange beauty, your decadent youthfulness.
My thoughts turned back at once
to all I'd heard about you that afternoon;
my mind and body were aroused.
And as I gazed enthralled
at your languid beauty, your languid youthfulness,
your tastefully discriminating dress,
in my imagination I kept picturing you
the way they'd talked about you that afternoon.
Constantine P. Cavafy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At The Theatre by Constantine P. Cavafy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah
- I care less, hasmukh amathalal
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak