Imagination Poems - Poems For Imagination
Poems about imagination. You can read the best imagination poems. Browse through all imagination poems.
On Imagination - Poem by Phillis Wheatley
THY various works, imperial queen, we see,
How bright their forms! how deck'd with pomp
Thy wond'rous acts in beauteous order stand,
And all attest how potent is thine hand.
From Helicon's refulgent heights attend,
Ye sacred choir, and my attempts befriend:
To tell her glories with a faithful tongue,
Ye blooming graces, triumph in my song.
Now here, now there, the roving Fancy flies,
Till some lov'd object strikes her wand'ring eyes,
Whose silken fetters all the senses bind,
And soft captivity involves the mind.
Imagination! who can sing thy force?
Or who describe the swiftness of thy course?
Soaring through air to find the bright abode,
Th' empyreal palace of the thund'ring God,
We on thy pinions can surpass the wind,
And leave the rolling universe behind:
From star to star the mental optics rove,
Measure the skies, and range the realms above.
There in one view we grasp the mighty whole,
Or with new worlds amaze th' unbounded soul.
Though Winter frowns to Fancy's raptur'd eyes
The fields may flourish, and gay scenes arise;
The frozen deeps may break their iron bands,
And bid their waters murmur o'er the sands.
Fair Flora may resume her fragrant reign,
And with her flow'ry riches deck the plain;
Sylvanus may diffuse his honours round,
And all the forest may with leaves be crown'd:
Show'rs may descend, and dews their gems disclose,
And nectar sparkle on the blooming rose.
Such is thy pow'r, nor are thine orders vain,
O thou the leader of the mental train:
In full perfection all thy works are wrought,
And thine the sceptre o'er the realms of thought.
Before thy throne the subject-passions bow,
Of subject-passions sov'reign ruler thou;
At thy command joy rushes on the heart,
And through the glowing veins the spirits dart.
Fancy might now her silken pinions try
To rise from earth, and sweep th' expanse on high:
From Tithon's bed now might Aurora rise,
Her cheeks all glowing with celestial dies,
While a pure stream of light o'erflows the skies.
The monarch of the day I might behold,
And all the mountains tipt with radiant gold,
But I reluctant leave the pleasing views,
Which Fancy dresses to delight the Muse;
Winter austere forbids me to aspire,
And northern tempests damp the rising fire;
They chill the tides of Fancy's flowing sea,
Cease then, my song, cease the unequal lay.
Comments about On Imagination by Phillis Wheatley
Poems About Imagination
- 1. On Imagination , Phillis Wheatley
- 2. Mr. Cogito And The Imagination , Zbigniew Herbert
- 3. Oberon's Feast , Robert Herrick
- 4. Imagination , Clark Ashton Smith
- 5. Goblin Market , Christina Georgina Rossetti
- 6. O Imagination! , Sri Chinmoy Ghose
- 7. The Wind On The Hills , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 8. Flora's Party , Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
- 9. Love And Imagination , Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- 10. Pure Imagination , Roald Dahl
- 11. Jabberwocky , Lewis Carroll
- 12. Kubla Khan , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 13. The Fairies , William Allingham
- 14. To Imagination , Emily Jane Brontë
- 15. Christabel , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 16. The Sugar-Plum Tree , Eugene Field
- 17. Fairies , Rose Fyleman
- 18. Imagination's Mesmerization , James Walter Orr
- 19. The Pleasures Of Imagination: Book The F.. , Mark Akenside
- 20. The Pleasures Of Imagination: Book The F.. , Mark Akenside
- 21. The Pleasures Of Imagination: Book The S.. , Mark Akenside
- 22. The Pleasures Of Imagination: Book The T.. , Mark Akenside
- 23. Modern Love Xxxviii: Give To Imagination , George Meredith
- 24. Book Thirteenth [imagination And Taste, .. , William Wordsworth
- 25. Imagination , John Bannister Tabb
- 26. Play Of The Imagination , Charles Frederick White
- 27. Ode On Imagination , Clark Ashton Smith
- 28. Imagination (Suggested By An Ideal Portr.. , Martin Farquhar Tupper
- 29. Imagination , Gamaliel Bradford
- 30. Imagination , Robert William Service
- 31. Book Twelfth [imagination And Taste, How.. , William Wordsworth
- 32. Everything That Acts Is Actual , Denise Levertov
- 33. At The Window , Paul Eluard
- 34. ! 'Great Write...' - Great Reader! , Michael Shepherd
- 35. A Figment Of My Imagination , Heather Burns
- 36. Who Says The World Is Vast? , Abdul Wahab
- 37. The Tower , William Butler Yeats
- 38. Imagination , John Davidson
- 39. The Interpretation Of Nature And , Sir Francis Bacon
- 40. At The Window , Paul Eluard
- 41. # Alter Ego , Sonya Florentino
- 42. 0357 On Not Thinking About People You Th.. , Michael Shepherd
- 43. Literature And Quantum Physics , Lonnie Hicks
- 44. A C T C - 2014/10 Entries - Poemhunter P.. , Brian Johnston
- 45. Weak Is The Will Of Man, His Judgement B.. , William Wordsworth
- 46. Y/. Beyond Beyond Imagination , Aufie Zophy
- 47. Imagination , Gaz illionaire
- 48. Painted Love , Heather Browning
- 49. Rain Again , Ruma Chaudhuri
- 50. E-Maj-I-Nation , Victor Osorio
New Imagination Poems
- My Quest To Find The Colour Of Rain, ms. carrot
- The Rosa, .., Rahman .., Henry
- Miracle Of My Life, binod bastola
- My Mirage Rained, Anahit Arustamyan
- Imagine, Vera Sidhwa
- Lost In Your Imagination, binod bastola
- Imagination Will Escape Caged Boundaries, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Escape Artist Imagination, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Imagination Footloose Will Not Be, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Imagination Slays Time Space Limitations, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- carpe diem