Life is formed from attraction,
Led all necessary into action.
Light where it was dark,
Water where there wasnt a drop,
Compassion when in pain,
Endless empires, all aimed to claim.
All these were formed by attraction,
Some in good while some not.
Yet at the start and end of every day,
It’s attraction that keeps all in play.
No moon to brighten the nights,
No rain to fall and quench the lands,
No birds to fly back to home,
No heart to protect the throne,
No warmth in cold winter nights,
No lips to ever find their counter parts,
No smiles to greet their reflection,
No embrace to set in motion,
No eyes to seek their prey,
Not a hair to ever turn grey.
Attraction, unchained it all,
Composer of all smile and cry,
My enemy towards evil,
Brother in arms during love and war,
Attraction unveiled your face,
Opened my heart,
To face the night.
To make a stand and win the fight.
To attraction I swear.
Life without it, would be merely a bowl of grey – dead clay.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Attraction by David Pyrs )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Sri Ramakrishna (1836 - 1886), Tushar Ray
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown
- Tantalizing, Kristen Brown
- Your Heart Be At Ease (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Rosewater (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Passion (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- My Note To Santa...Please Write A Letter.., Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- HIM, michael walkerjohn