Cheryl .J Barclay
I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I
am going to have.
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice
that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they
allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can
celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today I can mourn my lack of friend or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can
shout for joy because I have a job to do.
Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can feel honored because the Lord has provide shelter for my mind, body and soul.
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!
Have a GREAT DAY……unless you have other plans.
Cheryl .J Barclay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ATTUIDE by Cheryl .J Barclay )
- Life, Soul Watcher
- Song of Myself, LII, Walt Whitman
- Bharatheeyakavitha-3, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Childhood is the Kingdom Where Nobody Dies, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Gone From My Sight, Henry Van Dyke
- When I Die, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A LONG NIGHT, Satish Verma
- Ideals And Ethical Dreams, Margaret Alice Second
- Inner Peace, Leong Ming Loong
- God! ! man, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)