I prefer the dogs abroad
to those we have at home,
their early roundelay of roars
is my canine alarm clock.
The bouncing barks
that chase the dark away
are the dawnly proclamation of
The throaty bellows that announce...
'We awake, we are here
and if you don't like it,
take a hike, take a powder, take a walk'.
'We are Canaris...
Islands not so far from here
were named for our
'These tumbling alleys
and criss cross streets are ours,
did you not hear Two Legs,
do you not scent the fact? '.
The dogs of England in turn
are truly owned...fighting dogs,
burglar's dogs, spoilt family dogs,
fashion statement dogs.
Happy to sniff crotch and cringe,
they lack the princely lethargy
of their continental
(M adeira 2010)
Neil Crawford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Au Bark! by Neil Crawford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elias' Poem - More Literal - No R.., Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor
- Knives, Dreams, Novica Tadić
- Night Passes, Novica Tadić
- Conversation (1), Novica Tadić
- WALKING SHADOWS, Satish Verma