An autumn day with chilled wind whips dry leaves in front of every step I take,
An ancient tree groans and creaks and gently sways
As I pass it sending warning of the coming winter preparations we must make
Whilst a squirrel scurries past in haste gathering provisions and hesitates in curiosity watching as I wend my way.
This wind teases me and like a child, steals my hat and runs away taunting me to chase it like a school playground game from my youth
Red leaves fall like a thousand flames and run in circles whilst join in the fun.
Just once I am a child again kicking piles of leaves high into the air whilst savouring the smell of their dampness nature and I are merged into one
My heart warms like a welcoming fire on a cold and frosty night.
If my life where a season then autumn it would be not wishing it where summer. for I am happy light and free
Was this day savoured a thousand years ago? And in a thousand years from now?
Who cares for today this day is my day!
kipper Stagg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by kipper Stagg )
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IX, Frank Avon
- Touching the Dream, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Jealouty [Jealousy + Beauty], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Ray Ban Glasses, Md. Ziaul Haque
- ] [, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Rose and Its Thorns, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)