An autumn day with chilled wind whips dry leaves in front of every step I take,
An ancient tree groans and creaks and gently sways
As I pass it sending warning of the coming winter preparations we must make
Whilst a squirrel scurries past in haste gathering provisions and hesitates in curiosity watching as I wend my way.
This wind teases me and like a child, steals my hat and runs away taunting me to chase it like a school playground game from my youth
Red leaves fall like a thousand flames and run in circles whilst join in the fun.
Just once I am a child again kicking piles of leaves high into the air whilst savouring the smell of their dampness nature and I are merged into one
My heart warms like a welcoming fire on a cold and frosty night.
If my life where a season then autumn it would be not wishing it where summer. for I am happy light and free
Was this day savoured a thousand years ago? And in a thousand years from now?
Who cares for today this day is my day!
kipper Stagg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by kipper Stagg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries