Cold sunshine brushes my face,
Frosted kiss upon my lips to taste.
Autumn time, time, time...
Early this morning I buried my dreams.
After all they were not what they seemed.
Slips sullenly by, falling leaves and sighs
Muttering something, always asking why.
hollow sun so bright I can see nothing
hollow heart a smothering
autumned heart stalling...
voices from the sky calling...
I'm sure they mean no good.
before the child of confusion comes
begotten begging air with wails
from tomorrows aching lungs...
before winter's innocence, and lamb
looking through the leaded windows
understanding winter's scam.
Comes... Autumn time.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Time by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)