When things in life become a bother, we can trust our Heavenly Father,
When trials trouble our heart and mind, we must leave all worry behind,
Christ’s admonition we must heed, not to worry as He knows our need,
In this life we must worry not, as God knows our needs in our life’s lot.
Worry can lead to temptations friend, which, can lead to sin in the end,
As your worry can lead to the birth, of storing up treasure on this earth;
We must lift all our concerns to Him, to avoid falling into worry and sin,
Knowing that God takes care of us, as we are led daily by Christ Jesus.
For, all worry my friend, you shall find, can lead one to a divided mind,
As worry is sin, practiced in stealth, trying to control things by yourself,
Worry is not simply like concern, where God is involved, we must learn,
To trust in God with all of our heart, we must allow all worries to depart!
Isn’t our life more than our need? A question from Christ we must heed,
Knowing God always takes care, of the birds of less value up in the air,
Do flowers toil and spin? Next to Solomon their dressed finer than Him,
Concerning things upon earth’s sod, we must trust in our Heavenly God.
All of our needs are known by Christ, so friend worry not about this life?
Unlike the unbelievers dear friend, we know God shall see us to the end,
So, whether it’s tomorrow or today, we need to obey all God has to say,
The very words of Christ, to all of us, we mustn’t worry, but in God trust!
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Avoiding Worry by Bob Gotti )
- Willing To Able To Do Your Best, Ronell Warren Alman
- When Tears Will Fall, Eleonor Santiago
- Seeing Answers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 7, ramesh rai
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
- And grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)