Niki Nicholas Nkuna
Awaken by the gong!
Teenage boys have a compulsion to be like their fathers,
They want to be in the kraal of bullfights before they can even grew up to the ticket
When they lose the fight they do not take the lessons but the baggage
Although they neglect the baggage to a point of disrespect to Gods’ creation
They fantasize and frolic with the mistaken believe that they compete well with peer and father
Some they duplicate and double the seed beyond comprehension
No wonder they dislike dishevelled gardens of their own making
Childhood shenanigans present a force of gravity disabling them to fly higher as their mature peers
They cry on their mother’s shoulder only when they realise the game is grown into not born into
They run for cover under the parental wing, with no desire to listen, comprehend and follow the Ten Commandments
However the mess caused by their callous act of immaturity never mend like a wound
Alas! They opened their eyes, only to find there are on fifth gear
When they had already stepped onto 2,3 or 4 eggs in stupor
The loud cry of babies welcome the dawn of life with trepidation
Concern of the mothers uppermost in their breaths, and minds,
Love life messed up during stupid moments and wise life
The baggage in tow on the ground and airborne all the time
Some teenage boys try to fly high up the sky only to fall hard on the ground by the weight of the baggage
Big mistake! The baggage stowed away in the plane and caused a heavy burden to the rest of the crew
Dislike of the science of nature by the teenage boys, the Y-generation and their godly technology!
Late learners, awaken by the gong, calling them to attention
Unfortunately to reap what they sow not to be aware of the mudslide!
Time to retrace their crooked steps and learn to drive, has long gone!
Admonition messages ringing in their heads leaving them teenage boys and girls reeling with messed up lifestyles
Some of which are incorrigible beyond repair, let alone the unrelenting power of redress by the human spirit, in the form of motivational speakers and priests
And, unfortunately by the banging against walls! Wake up! Wake up!
Niki Nicholas Nkuna's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Awaken by the gong! by Niki Nicholas Nkuna )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- your heart is a knapsack i want to pack, Mandolyn ...
- how ridiculous is this..., Mandolyn ...
- Be careful child before you fall, Mark Heathcote
- have it your way homeboy, Mandolyn ...
- Advance New Year 2015 Wishes (in a pessi.., Dr John Celes
- B. Day, Nassy Fesharaki
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR