Back In Time
Trembling with anticipation,
I enter in the time machine;
Fleeing way back in precious time,
to be the one I once had been.
And lo behold I reach an age,
where life is tender, gentle slow,
Where children converse face to face
and take their own sweet time to grow.
I meet a smiling, gentle lady,
and know that she's my Gran!
We sit and talk for many hours,
understanding God's wise holy plan.
And then I meet a playful child,
I see myself face to face, in her;
It's my Mam! she plays with me!
and takes to the way things were.
What a truly wonderous age!
with time to stand and stare;
Time to gaze up at the skies,
Time for heartfelt prayer.
Soon, a voice within reminds me,
My present will soon be past,
and my future will cherish it,
with reminisces unsurpassed.
I smile and know its time to leave,
the present beckons me;
I look ahead, not turning back,
the way it's meant to be.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Back In Time by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Echoes, C.J. Rose
- Viral McDonald's Meat, Richard Thripp
- Eight Hundred And Eighty Five Words, Breanna Choma
- Gay Sailors, Richard Thripp
- Let's Rock and Roll~~~OUT!, Monk E. Biz
- Crimes of Mandela, Richard Thripp
- The Rebellion Has Started!, Monk E. Biz
- What Really Matters?, Monk E. Biz
- Abandon Ship! ! !, Monk E. Biz
- Your H0le Is Small~, Monk E. Biz