Bats Aren't The Only Ones Who Work At Night
Like bats we flock to
the night; wide-eyed,
Seagulls; they fly
at night too. But, unlike
bats; seagulls aren't
dark or treacherous.
Is that why I didn't
start with seagulls?
Is it that nothing is
interesting unless, it
is dark or treacherous?
Or maybe it's because
people don't seem to
usually like seagulls
or associate them with
Next time you're out after
dark, look for seagulls.
Emer Lyons's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bats Aren't The Only Ones Who Work At Night by Emer Lyons )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The day my angel died, whole world cried, The lonely wanderer
- the day I get to call you mine, The lonely wanderer
- No goal, hasmukh amathalal
- gud bye my love, The lonely wanderer
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 77, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ordinary Goddess, GRANT FRASER
- u and I are never alike, The lonely wanderer
- Truth and non-violence, gajanan mishra
- If I Die Young, John Billy Tumapon Yucot
- Not even birds, hasmukh amathalal