Battle of the Glassblowers
The battle of the glassblowers in Kalamazoo
Sitting with anticipation in an old church pew
Gaffers from as far as Chicago and Detroit
To show of their talent, and some glass to exploit
Making things they normally, never would do
A chicken, an elephant, and a spider web too
Laughing and joking, making things out of glass
All with a time limit. They’ve got to move fast!
Not everything made it… that is just life
All glassblowers know it, and except that strife
Rhonda Baker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Battle of the Glassblowers by Rhonda Baker )
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)