Battle Of Victor
I am in view of light,
In sight of peace
Quite within freedom
It is, within my grasp...
But a darkness follows me
Trailing the edges of my consciousness
It is bolder every fortnight
Stepping forward to contest my peace
Seeking to lead me to Abyss
Showing me the road I know
But would not take.
Often I scan through the corners of my eyes
Considering the secrets that darkness brings...
I resent its mockery of my will
I detest the weakness of my strength
Truly I hate that it ridicules my determination
Showing me delicacies I crave in my fast
Denying me the view of my goal in the distance.
Where shall I run? How shall I defeat my desire?
A battle it is against myself
Victory is dressed in cowardice,
And defeat in shame.
I am a fool if I ask to be hailed Czar by men
And cannot bear my own countenance in the mirror
Let alone my Father's hurt voice in the distance.
Yes I will ride, prepare the next challenge.
In this one, I declare me, Victor the Conqueror.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Battle Of Victor by Oke Christopher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<< Brute Power, Abdul Wahab
- The Green Flash ll, Morgan Michaels
- AN UGLY WAR VERSUS A PRETTY PEACE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mosley Manor, marriam anderson
- Desire, Avinash Nair
- My Grieving Heart, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- The Green Flash, Morgan Michaels
- The Rough Guide to Romantic Comedy, James Thomas Miller
- Recessional, James Thomas Miller
- Poverty Streets, Darren David Weaver