Julia A Moore
Be Kind to the Little Ones
Air -- "He Folds Them on His Bosom''
Be kind to all little ones,
All fathers, mothers dear,
Be kind to your little ones,
Their little hearts to cheer.
For oh! you know not how soon
Their place will vacant be;
If God should call one to his home,
Your conscience would be free.
Their little forms are tender,
They're at your mercy now;
They need your kind attention
To watch them every hour.
While they are little infants,
My friends, take time to spare:
Do not forget an instant,
To give them tender care.
God, he never did intend
You to misuse your child;
Their little souls to you he sends
To bless you for awhile.
And if you always will be kind
To them, sweet little ones,
Oh! what a blessing you will find
In after years to come.
You never, never will repent,
Dear friend, for being kind;
Those little ones to you were sent,
And always bear in mind,
That God may call your little ones
And leave you here behind;
Oh! what a happy thought will come --
I always have been kind.
Julia A Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Kind to the Little Ones by Julia A Moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Poetry liberated me, Ananta Madhavan
- Giver of The Pen (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Kites Still Fly (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Temporal Millenial (Ottava Rima poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- SATURDAY WITH MILKA, Terry Collett
- Labels (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- THERE WERE CHILDREN TOO, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Smile, Key Carmack
- End of the Road, Tommy Stroller
- Kështu u ndanë udhët tona, skender iljaz braka