Don't hear the sudden stop of their van.
Don't see them approach like blood thirsty jackals.
Don't feel the gun against your head.
Don't think of where you are going.
Don't look at your current location.
Don't feel them push you onto the ground.
Don't feel the thorns grab hold of your back.
Don't feel them tear off your clothes.
Don't feel your muscles go into spasm.
Don't think of the air leaving your lungs.
Don't feel their hungry thrusts into you.
Don't feel your flesh tear.
Don't think of your mumbled prayers.
Don't feel their warm semen drip onto your abdomen.
Don't hear their laughs and mockery.
Don't feel their saliva on your face.
Don't smell the scent of your innocence vanish.
Just be strong.
Anand Brown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Strong by Anand Brown )
- Our Leader, Narendra Kuppan
- Nothing Left, John Masaitis
- Coffee And Tea, Edward Kofi Louis
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe