Don't hear the sudden stop of their van.
Don't see them approach like blood thirsty jackals.
Don't feel the gun against your head.
Don't think of where you are going.
Don't look at your current location.
Don't feel them push you onto the ground.
Don't feel the thorns grab hold of your back.
Don't feel them tear off your clothes.
Don't feel your muscles go into spasm.
Don't think of the air leaving your lungs.
Don't feel their hungry thrusts into you.
Don't feel your flesh tear.
Don't think of your mumbled prayers.
Don't feel their warm semen drip onto your abdomen.
Don't hear their laughs and mockery.
Don't feel their saliva on your face.
Don't smell the scent of your innocence vanish.
Just be strong.
Anand Brown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Strong by Anand Brown )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
Poem of the Day
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary