Anand Brown Poems
- Trials Of Life Life begins with a short breath to a long ...
- For The Khoisan - Son Of Man Were you there in 1652 when the ...
- Township Life The gong of the sun rises upon a dusty plain ...
- Bitter But Better The darkness creeps so soft and fast, And...
- First Letter To Myself Part 1 The time continues to tick ...
- A Paupers Prayer He stood then bent over As if drawn to his ...
- Flesh Is Not Flesh I woke once to a scream of terror. The ...
I am Anand Brown a 20 year old poet from the industrial town of Uitenhage in South Africa.
I am Literature student at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
I wrote my first poem at the age of 17 and never looked back.
I hope my work will speak to you as it has to me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anand Brown
Trials Of Life
Life begins with a short breath to a long story.
A silence march towards experiences all too gory.
I savor joy, for it is short,
I must smile for happiness cannot be bought.
How can I then wake up and face
The bitterness of this dark place.
Between my conception and desire,
Burns in me life's unquiet fire.
Light your way to a finish line,
That Is blurred and vile.
Where the hopeful dance with ghost smiles and song,
I'm no fool, I wont move to a beat that is wrong.
But- I am just a child of the African soil,
Lest I do what the black man does-take ...