Beauty, Do Not Go.
Beauty how may I discern you more clearly?
In nature you abound
in delicate wings and petals
transporting me on the air
that displays you, oh so fair.
In faces of granite rock
with marbled streaks that flow
as softly as gentle creeks
and make me marvel at their show.
Beauty in such a simple form
with symmetry, or non at all,
those graceful lines delineate
that beauty which is innate.
In the colours of the sky
with formless clouds, lit and lithe,
beauty is displayed, and cannot hide.
The stars that sparkle in the night
a moon shining, silver bright,
all with beauty that delights.
Oh beauty where is found your perfect form
that in sun or rain or storm
is always giving, with uplifting grace?
Beauty where were you born,
and can you ever die?
That beauty which from earth to sky
and in the heavens passing by
lends a sense of awe and wonder,
to a weary eye.
Beauty, if you should ever go,
please take me with you,
do not leave me here alone.
Without you what would be this life,
but dark and ugly strife.
David Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty, Do Not Go. by David Taylor )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere