Beauty, Do Not Go.
Beauty how may I discern you more clearly?
In nature you abound
in delicate wings and petals
transporting me on the air
that displays you, oh so fair.
In faces of granite rock
with marbled streaks that flow
as softly as gentle creeks
and make me marvel at their show.
Beauty in such a simple form
with symmetry, or non at all,
those graceful lines delineate
that beauty which is innate.
In the colours of the sky
with formless clouds, lit and lithe,
beauty is displayed, and cannot hide.
The stars that sparkle in the night
a moon shining, silver bright,
all with beauty that delights.
Oh beauty where is found your perfect form
that in sun or rain or storm
is always giving, with uplifting grace?
Beauty where were you born,
and can you ever die?
That beauty which from earth to sky
and in the heavens passing by
lends a sense of awe and wonder,
to a weary eye.
Beauty, if you should ever go,
please take me with you,
do not leave me here alone.
Without you what would be this life,
but dark and ugly strife.
David Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty, Do Not Go. by David Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston