Beauty, Do Not Go.
Beauty how may I discern you more clearly?
In nature you abound
in delicate wings and petals
transporting me on the air
that displays you, oh so fair.
In faces of granite rock
with marbled streaks that flow
as softly as gentle creeks
and make me marvel at their show.
Beauty in such a simple form
with symmetry, or non at all,
those graceful lines delineate
that beauty which is innate.
In the colours of the sky
with formless clouds, lit and lithe,
beauty is displayed, and cannot hide.
The stars that sparkle in the night
a moon shining, silver bright,
all with beauty that delights.
Oh beauty where is found your perfect form
that in sun or rain or storm
is always giving, with uplifting grace?
Beauty where were you born,
and can you ever die?
That beauty which from earth to sky
and in the heavens passing by
lends a sense of awe and wonder,
to a weary eye.
Beauty, if you should ever go,
please take me with you,
do not leave me here alone.
Without you what would be this life,
but dark and ugly strife.
David Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty, Do Not Go. by David Taylor )
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Beauty in Nature and Human Creativity, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- bruised squeezed sweet fruit, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)