Beauty Moses, Your Prayers Are Not Done Yet
Close to my hearing she shouted to her God
Tearful and Fearful for on Higher Ground she trod.
Psalms and Revelations plagued her all the while
Rage and Indignation brought sadness to her smile.
Daily she battled on the "Killing Fields" with God
Onwards and Upwards for on Higher Ground she trod.
Spiritually tainted by the evil she had done
Seeking some comfort for in mortals she found none,
Previous indiscretions brought madness to her shame
But lead on by her sorrow she charged the Holy name
Noble and Defiant for her "Solid Rock" she found.
No Mountaineer had climbed such heights
No Mystic Seer had seen such sights
As she who walked on Holy Ground
As she whom Solid Rock had found
Larger than life stood she
Sheer joy and ecstasy
Onwards she trod,
Higher and Higher still
My what an awesome thrill
Daily to God,
Can't lose the Memory
Still share the fantasy
Just can't forget
Beauty Moses, your prayers are not done yet.
Cecelia GrantPeters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Beauty Moses, Your Prayers Are Not Done Yet by Cecelia GrantPeters )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey