Before The Clouds Move Over
Riding his purple Harley Davidson
At a thoughtful controlled speed
Along the dusty winding mountain top road
Not long now, till he’s at his sanctuary.
The power of music still revving
In his inner voice, his heart and soul
Half thought out melodies
A musician that’s born, not made.
All was quiet as the bike cooled down
He sat in his favourite spot
Looking down onto the lake
No distractions here.
A tune he knows by heart, now plays in his head
His lips mime the words
This tune he started working on a year or so ago
But he keeps coming back to
Because something is still missing
He still can’t leave this alone.
The sun’s rays interrupt his composing
Shadow of the bike now in front of his feet
Then the birds from nowhere swoop down low
Heading for the lake-side trees
They start a melody so beautiful, no musician has ever matched
But then they argue
And the tune is lost amongst aggravated insults.
You can’t force things
There’s no timetable for creativity.
Strumming the truth
Before the clouds move over.
Vincent Topp's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before The Clouds Move Over by Vincent Topp )
- Mid-City's Nursery Rhyme, James B. Earley
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns