Behind Closed Eyes~
I feel sometimes this is one-sided,
like a short letter.
your short letter, to me.
I feel i try too hard to talk with you,
see you, touch you, hold you.
Only because i feel that this infatuation could be two sided.
Or is it in my head. In my heart.
Am i a fool? Yes i am.
Of course you don’t want me,
to talk with me laugh or hold me.
Maybe that’s our reality and i just need to wake up
from this dream. Open my eyes to loneliness
that just plagues me- has plagued me for my seventeen years of life.
When i close my eyes, to me i open them.
Open my mind.
But not all is open in my dreams for example;
my heart closes up, like a clenched fist.
To some that might sound cold. Does it?
Because to me it’s as warm as a dimly lit room.
My heart is closed to capture these feelings, capture you.
The dimly lit room is just a metaphor.. that’s a lie.
Its my vision behind closed eyes,
for thats where me lie,
hand to hand, body to body, tongue to tongue.
Whats the point of living or breathing?
When in my sleep, in death i can be with you,
together in my dreams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind Closed Eyes~ by Matthew English )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey