Behind Closed Eyes~
I feel sometimes this is one-sided,
like a short letter.
your short letter, to me.
I feel i try too hard to talk with you,
see you, touch you, hold you.
Only because i feel that this infatuation could be two sided.
Or is it in my head. In my heart.
Am i a fool? Yes i am.
Of course you don’t want me,
to talk with me laugh or hold me.
Maybe that’s our reality and i just need to wake up
from this dream. Open my eyes to loneliness
that just plagues me- has plagued me for my seventeen years of life.
When i close my eyes, to me i open them.
Open my mind.
But not all is open in my dreams for example;
my heart closes up, like a clenched fist.
To some that might sound cold. Does it?
Because to me it’s as warm as a dimly lit room.
My heart is closed to capture these feelings, capture you.
The dimly lit room is just a metaphor.. that’s a lie.
Its my vision behind closed eyes,
for thats where me lie,
hand to hand, body to body, tongue to tongue.
Whats the point of living or breathing?
When in my sleep, in death i can be with you,
together in my dreams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind Closed Eyes~ by Matthew English )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)