Behind Closed Eyes~
I feel sometimes this is one-sided,
like a short letter.
your short letter, to me.
I feel i try too hard to talk with you,
see you, touch you, hold you.
Only because i feel that this infatuation could be two sided.
Or is it in my head. In my heart.
Am i a fool? Yes i am.
Of course you don’t want me,
to talk with me laugh or hold me.
Maybe that’s our reality and i just need to wake up
from this dream. Open my eyes to loneliness
that just plagues me- has plagued me for my seventeen years of life.
When i close my eyes, to me i open them.
Open my mind.
But not all is open in my dreams for example;
my heart closes up, like a clenched fist.
To some that might sound cold. Does it?
Because to me it’s as warm as a dimly lit room.
My heart is closed to capture these feelings, capture you.
The dimly lit room is just a metaphor.. that’s a lie.
Its my vision behind closed eyes,
for thats where me lie,
hand to hand, body to body, tongue to tongue.
Whats the point of living or breathing?
When in my sleep, in death i can be with you,
together in my dreams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind Closed Eyes~ by Matthew English )
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
- For the Taste, Scott J. Shepard
- Tracings, Scott J. Shepard
- Choosing a Christmas Card for 2011, Frank Avon
- GANDHI RE REMEMBERED...., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Twelve Birds of Christmas, Frank Avon
- Picasso: Pentads, Frank Avon
- Picasso, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)