Behind My Mask
They think they know me all so well,
But behind this mask I secretly dwell.
I hide my thoughts, my feelings too,
I hide so well from all of you.
I smile away the tears that fall,
I show no sign of weakness at all.
I hide behind an empty screen,
I’m different inside, not what I seem.
My hurt and tears get locked away,
And forever behind this mask they'll stay.
No matter how hard they try to escape,
I’ll hide away all my mistakes.
I hide me well, every day,
Forever in disguise I’ll stay.
I’ll smile away the tears that fall,
I’ll show no sign of weakness at all.
Zoe Howarth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind My Mask by Zoe Howarth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hope, Tony Adah
- I am Amorous Nature, Akhtar Jawad
- Eternity That Strays, Alven L. Robinson
- Sleep and Soul, Ismim Putera
- Human Relationships, Jaipal Singh
- I knew I should've taken Spanish in high.., the hobbler
- Stopping by Sea on a Stormy Evening, Jeffrey Tillery
- For her only, Nick Scalisi
- Monsoon Days, Alven L. Robinson
- The Jade Road, Alven L. Robinson