Behind That Brown Frown
I am dying to find out what’s hidden behind that frown.
I am ready to kneel, to beg, and to really get down,
Like the departed soul’s brother Mr. James Brown.
If only you could sporadically or overtly smile,
I would be able to decipher or to label your style.
This behooves me that I have been unable to find an answer.
I am eager to comprehend the rhythm, the power
That you have on me, on my heart, and on my soul.
This is strange; this is unbelievably unusual
That I cannot fully understand your charisma,
The tempo and the beat of your samba.
Let me drown behind that brown frown,
Let me dive-in, dig-in and get-down,
All day long and all night long for years.
Those emotions bring salty tears
To my eyes. I long to be swinging in your arms,
To be wheedled in your sweet palms,
And to paint you with love and charms.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind That Brown Frown by Hebert Logerie )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 September 1880 – 25 June 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison