Behold, A Bathroom!
When most people think of the bathroom,
bodily funtions come to mind.
But alas, it is more then just a place
for one to puke, piss, or...deficate! !
Solace can be sought,
and time given to thought,
when one takes a load off in the bathroom.
One of the greatest things
of which I have heard
came to the unlikely genius
as he dropped a turd!
As a matter of fact,
the bathroom's where I'm at
as I write in attempt to entertain you.
Who needs a library when I've got
a book, a newspaper,
toothpaste or aspirin container,
and my own imagination to go to new worlds.
Indeed, many a time in thought I've been lost
because the call of nature did not allow my legs crossed,
and I had to pay visit to
'The Little Girl's Room'.
So the next time you're bored
or have some thinking to do,
remember a place less adored.
Behold, a bathroom!
Jessica Cummings's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behold, A Bathroom! by Jessica Cummings )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Thatch and Kilimanjaro, lee fones
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S انتصار غزة .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How, George Egba
- I Called Out To Love, Lora Colon