Am I to forever be
chained to this rock?
in my experience
'tis the way it seems.
Chained to this rock
my 20 years. My whole existence!
Its been forever for me.
For reasons beyond my understanding.
'What goes around comes around.'
'You only get what you give.'
All that has come around
were the chains with which I am bound.
Is this what it gotten
for passing good around? !
An eternal pecking
from the birds of hardship and suffering?
Just when I think it ends
it only seems to begin again.
Day in and day out.
In day and out day.
Day and day,
In out they,
peck out my insides then perch
on my head
leaving the filth of fear,
uncertainty, and worry
which have seeped into my brain
and further progressed my insanity.
And it feels as though no one
Because despite their encouraging words,
my figment of reality remains
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Promethea by Jessica Cummings )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Sun Exposed, Prasad Natarajan
- Libra Scale, Kewayne Wadley
- To Kill Another Man, Randy McClave
- the sun left a souvenir, signed and ever.., Mandolyn ...
- A Birdlime., Tony Adah
- Cycle, Shannon Malone
- The Little cat., Tony Adah
- Time Away, Larry Ninas
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah