Am I to forever be
chained to this rock?
in my experience
'tis the way it seems.
Chained to this rock
my 20 years. My whole existence!
Its been forever for me.
For reasons beyond my understanding.
'What goes around comes around.'
'You only get what you give.'
All that has come around
were the chains with which I am bound.
Is this what it gotten
for passing good around? !
An eternal pecking
from the birds of hardship and suffering?
Just when I think it ends
it only seems to begin again.
Day in and day out.
In day and out day.
Day and day,
In out they,
peck out my insides then perch
on my head
leaving the filth of fear,
uncertainty, and worry
which have seeped into my brain
and further progressed my insanity.
And it feels as though no one
Because despite their encouraging words,
my figment of reality remains
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Promethea by Jessica Cummings )
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes