Am I to forever be
chained to this rock?
in my experience
'tis the way it seems.
Chained to this rock
my 20 years. My whole existence!
Its been forever for me.
For reasons beyond my understanding.
'What goes around comes around.'
'You only get what you give.'
All that has come around
were the chains with which I am bound.
Is this what it gotten
for passing good around? !
An eternal pecking
from the birds of hardship and suffering?
Just when I think it ends
it only seems to begin again.
Day in and day out.
In day and out day.
Day and day,
In out they,
peck out my insides then perch
on my head
leaving the filth of fear,
uncertainty, and worry
which have seeped into my brain
and further progressed my insanity.
And it feels as though no one
Because despite their encouraging words,
my figment of reality remains
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Promethea by Jessica Cummings )
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns