Being away from you
It's hard to be apart from you
when all I want to do is feel you touch
and see your loving smile.
But just knowing we'll be together soon,
if only for a little while,
helps make the distance between us seem
somehow less and reminds us that it
won't always be like this.
One day we'll be able to hold each other
and know that it's not just a dream or a visit
that always ends to soon.
Until that day comes,
I'll keep missing you,
and counting the days
until we're in each others arms again.
Then we'll cherish the times we shared
and it will be as though we're never apart..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being away from you by amanda barr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Jade Road, Alven L. Robinson
- Writing Poetry Late at Night after my Wi.., Bill Grace
- Silence, Tony Adah
- What is my dream, gajanan mishra
- Today, Neela Nath
- Secrets, maria sudibyo
- Crosswords, maria sudibyo
- Dreaming Reality, maria sudibyo
- The Man of No Importance, maria sudibyo
- Decisive turn, hasmukh amathalal