Being Cheerful Is Like A Butterfly!
Being cheerful is like a butterfly!
If you try to catch the butterfly
by following it very seriously;
it will be flying further and further,
You can’t catch it for ever,
You will be tired getting a feel, sour!
If you keep sitting quietly,
The small creature, butterfly
will sit on your shoulder naturally!
Searching and chasing more
in the outer world for cheers,
you can’t fetch it in your hands!
If you cultivate the habit of being
kind, quiet and prudent, cheers will stick
on to you permanently like butterfly!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Cheerful Is Like A Butterfly! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- last spring, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal