Being Cheerful Is Like A Butterfly!
Being cheerful is like a butterfly!
If you try to catch the butterfly
by following it very seriously;
it will be flying further and further,
You can’t catch it for ever,
You will be tired getting a feel, sour!
If you keep sitting quietly,
The small creature, butterfly
will sit on your shoulder naturally!
Searching and chasing more
in the outer world for cheers,
you can’t fetch it in your hands!
If you cultivate the habit of being
kind, quiet and prudent, cheers will stick
on to you permanently like butterfly!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Cheerful Is Like A Butterfly! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma