Being Set Free
Its overwhelming, having this feeling.
I'm finally being set free,
like a lovely butterfly coming out of its
thick protected cacoon.
I can no longer depend on anyone but myself.
Stepping foot in the real world for the first time,
I feel lonely.
There isn't any time to turn back,
Even though I want to put up that
symbolic white flag saying I give up.
I move forward since I can't turn back to the past.
I'm being set free.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Set Free by Kumiko Saito )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Love, Tanja Bulovic
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rattling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Half moon, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hand That moves round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round and round The nymph Danced, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana