The game started
at the same instant i got stressed.
people around me, called by me friends,
do not have a clue of who i really am,
and try to understand that even if it is my fault,
i am not looking toward this situation,
it is just the way i am.
Some could think this is just because of depression,
it is the kind of life i've created for myself,
in some way i never get hurt and always get damage
but and the end of the day nothing is sustained,
and by the next morning a blank space in my head is created.
some-days suicide may be an option
but then i realized that i would never find what I'm looking for
by committing that action.
I really can not focus on one certain idea of happiness,
maybe it isn't in me to be happy,
maybe as some insects I'm suppose to just spread seed and die,
or maybe there is truly a God that is trying to show me who He is,
but why should i care?
i am not sure of what the hell should i do,
if there is a devil, why haven't he got me?
and if there is a god, why haven't he help me?
There are things that no one will be able to explain,
as no one will be able to take me out of my own life,
each and every day,
i'm more certain about my errors,
about my feelings for other people
and still get confused by my fears.
Maybe it is time to fight them all,
start a new life getting out some sense of sincerity,
having my pride be destroyed,
telling my love to someone near,
and getting rid of my lies life! !
Abel Obando's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Sincere by Abel Obando )
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)