Bejookee - Lincoln Park Zoo
I am Bejookee, puma queen
Of the realm of Lincoln Park Zoo.
From my ledge, I take in the scene.
If you're nearby, I'm watching you.
Mountain lion or cougar or
Panther or catamount also,
Are all names the humans have for
This wild pussy cat - doncha know!
I had a cousin visit me.
Came to Chicago on the run.
Nervous humans - that's how they be.
Cuz' visit done cuz of a gun.
I'm happy here in my Zoo den.
I don't go chasing younger men.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bejookee - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Still here Still here?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I, the Poet-Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)