Beneath the Trees..
Beneath the trees is a place I call my own,
a place where you and I can make a home.
Beneath the trees are memories I miss,
it's also the place of our very first kiss.
Beneath the trees is where I sat and cried,
when you told me that this love was a lie.
Beneath the trees was where you came to me,
and said you were sorry for everything.
Beneath the trees we watched the stars light the sky,
and made a wish on all of them.
Beneath the trees is where I learned a life lesson,
how to forgive, and to forget.
Beneath the trees is where the grass was always greener,
and there were two impressions of where we lay together.
Beneath the trees such a beautiful place.
You and I could stay there forever.
Kayla Bryant's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beneath the Trees.. by Kayla Bryant )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)