The ridge beyond defined his scopes;
in his Elysian fields both laughed;
the distance smiled and maybe asked
if one could rise beyond the slopes.
A climber walked above the ridge,
where nothing was but white thin clouds,
a bergamot and his mind's doubts,
have passed across his soul's time bridge.
The climber watched the clouds disperse,
in air the town was hung, and Halls
with dancers' smiling saddened souls,
- defined the image, strange and terse.
Amid the dancers, courtly laced,
a graceful Princess smiled at him,
the bergamot was there to hint
that this transmittance was space-braced.
Beyond the ridge, white Angels roamed
(or were the clouds that turned to rain?)
the bergamot sang a refrain,
upon the slopes the dancers domed.
('The climber jumps above the ridge,
the climber laughs while dancers bow,
the splendid waltz transmits their glow,
a Princess waits upon time's bridge.')
Unspoken was she and the crags,
returned the bergamot's refrain;
Oh, her beatitude's soft rain,
washed down the slopes the verse he sang.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (- Bergamot by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Multi love is natural., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Second Language, Tony Adah
- Shed the hatred to shine., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Do Some of Us Defile This Conservative P.., Monk E. Biz
- Nightlife, Michael McParland
- Somnolence, Tony Adah
- A Village Hero, umaprosad das
- I No Longer Care About Your Police Record!, Monk E. Biz
- Summer Song, Kawa Karpo
- Too Large To Thank God, Lawrence S. Pertillar