I thought i had my best friend, my friend from elementary school, to middle school, & all the way through high school.
As a kid, i created my wedding list, & she was my maid of honor #2.
Now, i am older, & i see that things have changed,
My best friend, my friend from Elementary school, to middle school, & all the way through high school, is no longer, my best friend.
You come to realize new things every day,
choose wisely, & make the best friends you can. If someone doesn't want you, it's their fault, if someone doesn't think your 'cool' enough for them, don't believe it, they're just jealous of something you have.
Things change, & if you believe, you will believe that things change for the better, these changes are on your side, as long as you stick through the struggles & still believe.
Your best friends will show up. If your not sure who they are now, just wait, give it time, & soon enough your new best friends will now be your maid of honors, & your new best friends will be your true friends forever, & ever.
So, choose wisely, & don't give up, hang in there strong, believe, & know that everything will show up soon enough.
Katie P...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Best Friends? by Katie P... )
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)