I thought i had my best friend, my friend from elementary school, to middle school, & all the way through high school.
As a kid, i created my wedding list, & she was my maid of honor #2.
Now, i am older, & i see that things have changed,
My best friend, my friend from Elementary school, to middle school, & all the way through high school, is no longer, my best friend.
You come to realize new things every day,
choose wisely, & make the best friends you can. If someone doesn't want you, it's their fault, if someone doesn't think your 'cool' enough for them, don't believe it, they're just jealous of something you have.
Things change, & if you believe, you will believe that things change for the better, these changes are on your side, as long as you stick through the struggles & still believe.
Your best friends will show up. If your not sure who they are now, just wait, give it time, & soon enough your new best friends will now be your maid of honors, & your new best friends will be your true friends forever, & ever.
So, choose wisely, & don't give up, hang in there strong, believe, & know that everything will show up soon enough.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Best Friends? by Katie P... )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong
- Truth and conscience, gajanan mishra
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma