Offer your excitable tears
and sing your empty words
Have you no fear I know your secret?
The innocent child inside
is long since dead
Don't even think
that I am unaware.
Standing empty heaving with desperate desire
To free myself of your disgrace
Tears of shame and swollen eyes
You stare at the wreck that you have inspired.
I shell scream of growing pains
as bodies swell and their stench
begins to fill the air around me.
Is this your solution?
Tortured souls and shattered dreams
Their hopes petrified in broken graves
Is this my future?
My teeth are bared as I exclaim
I will not be apart of your delusion.
How well do you sleep at night?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betrayal by Mark Stone )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland