We all know we have one heart
An organ it is but such is its beauty,
For when it loves someone, it does depart
The reasons of nature and society’s duty.
Beyond Love, this heart knows nothing
It’s task it feels, is not to know anymore,
The hand of its beloved it needs to be clinging
Like shimmering sand accompanying the sea shore.
Like fireflies during dusk it lights and shines
Like clouds on a rainy day it comes and goes,
Those lonely feelings within which it whines
Neither happiness strikes it nor empty sorrows.
It stands to discard all what u and I stay
What society preaches it finds demeaning,
Like an unfelt breeze in a windy bay
The pursuit of love is its one and only meaning.
Like the blossom of unknown flowers
Like the flow of youth from a fountain,
It feels beyond pain and yet it showers
Those affectionate feelings, like a strong mountain.
In the spring of bliss in which it resides
The flight it takes like a tender dove;
I hope this heart could notice besides
Being woven in perpetual and endless love..
Abhishek Pramanik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beyond Love by Abhishek Pramanik )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah