Beyond My Window
Beyond my window
The sky blooms in a voluminous garden
The sun attends,
And there my childhood goes wandering
In the thick forest of nebulous—
There is no time on me
And there are no scars—
Gravity is a funny thing that still spins
Like a top in the palm of my hand…..
My heart is not lost in a panting jungle
Of her red fingernails and long, curling locks,
Like chains made of unbreakable feathers,
For now she stalks me without even thinking about it,
A filmy poltergeist doing her life
Five states away near where the East Ocean breathes.
She eats its salts every day and doesn’t even think about it,
The way the world tastes inside of her….
Inside me, she is the romantic acid
Spurting through my soul, taking turns with time
And gravity to bed decay in me….
My house quakes with her and I am coming down,
Though beyond my window
Where the sun gallops, my childhood still plays.
Robert Rorabeck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beyond My Window by Robert Rorabeck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnets for Five Seasons, Anne Stevenson
- Salter's Gate, Anne Stevenson
- A WONDROUS MOMENT., Om Chawla
- Innocence and Experience, Anne Stevenson
- Inheriting My Grandmother's Nightmare, Anne Stevenson
- Time management, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Violation, Tiku akp
- So Much Depends Upon, Frank Avon
- Forgotten of the Foot, Anne Stevenson
- तेरे हाथों की मेहदी... ere hathonki, hasmukh amathalal