Romeo and Juliet's Wedding Vows
I will be thy chased rose and take thy name.
My heart will continue drumming its love for you the same;
And though thy mother and father mean nothing to me—
You are the sun rising over the bosom of my heart’s sea.
I will go with you hand in young hand
And be like your shadow roaming with you across the land.
In your eyes I see the myriad truths of my own soul
A kaleidoscope of sea shells in a pretty bowl—
To you, my love, I will always be true—
And that is why I say that I do—
To think that the very sun I saw last night should so suddenly be mine
It gives me proof, at last, in a god that is kind—
For to you, I will be the very bird returning to burn in your sky:
And every night, I hope that with you in bed I lie—
So happy I am that you should become the rose that bares my name—
To your midnight’s balcony I am so glad I came—
Now if we can only escape the dark fate I am so afraid that I see
And that you can go on forever with me.
Now let me take your lips to my lips
and share for a moment an eternity’s bliss.
Robert Rorabeck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Romeo and Juliet's Wedding Vows by Robert Rorabeck )
- In secrets, gajanan mishra
- A-DOODLE-DO, Donald R Charon
- Nostalgia- Song of the Expatriate, S.zaynub Kamoonpuri
- Wipes off obloquy, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of Bronze Skin, Donald R Charon
- a dead sea scroll unrolled, Mandolyn ...
- I am Thy Woman O my Protector, Aftab Alam
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)