Around her mouth Big Annie has laugh wrinkles
The wrinkles people have who laugh a lot
Her hearty laughter is a thing of beauty
She has a gift that many haven't got.
Big Annie has the marvelous gift of laughter
And in our town her's is a well known face
She has the knack of making others happy
And the lighter side of living she embrace.
Big Annie is a plump and jolly woman
In her mid life her curly locks of brown
Hang loose in small ringlets around her shoulders
She is the best loved person in our town.
She has two teenage sons Joseph and Andy
And her husband Jimmy works on the railway
You never once hear big Annie complaining
We have so much to be thankful for she say.
There ought to be more people like Big Annie
Her mirthful laughter makes for a happy sound
You never see her sour looking or moody
And she spreads her gift of happiness around.
Big Annie is a friendly and humorous person
And she always has a big smile on her face
And without her and her marvelous gift of laughter
Our town might be a dull and boring place.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Big Annie by Francis Duggan )
- How are you hittin' it?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)