Obed dela Cruz
Deep down inside us
We are looking for
Something bigger than
What we are today.
We try many things
We walk many roads
And we wonder if
We’re on the right way.
But what if we’re not
Looking far enough,
Or what if we are
Not in the right place?
There is a reason
Why we are alive
But are we running
Life in the right pace?
What is our vision?
What is our life for?
What’s the big picture
That we vow to do?
Let’s wait too long
Before we try to
Find out what this is
So let’s journey through
Inside our being
Where who we are rests.
Let’s unlock the door
And let life come in.
We’ll see it better
We’ll understand it
We will embrace it
And then we will win.
It’s something bigger
Than who we are now
But it’s really there
Waiting to be known.
(May 6,2013; Marikina City)
(For more details and about the poem, please email the author at email@example.com)
Copyright © 2013 by Prince Obed de la Cruz
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Big Picture by Obed dela Cruz )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal
- On birthday some mend, hasmukh amathalal