Bills To Pay And The Money Lenders
The agony of scarcity destroys not only the harmony,
but also the unity and calmness of any unit.
That unit be a loving home of happy families or a nation
Whose joyful moments will be taken away.
When poverty enters, why human think irrationally,
When poverty suffocates, why a man acts violently,
When poverty displays, why everyone shows immaturity,
When poverty annoys, why the youngsters are hurt emotionally.
Ignorance of the parents eradicate the innocence of their offspring,
Unawareness of laws of basic economy kindles the fire of greediness,
When the kids are the investment, why should make them to be pawns,
Just a simple life is more than enough to witness another dawn.
Making a mistake out of curiosity is easy, rectification is very hard.
Taking a loan or two from a bank or a shark is easy,
Always remember that repayment takes the toll,
That should not be the peace of a family.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bills To Pay And The Money Lenders by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry