Seen as unsuccessful and nagged by his wife
But Billy will tell you his is not a bad life
Every evening after work he's in the pub until late
And he is one who is not short of a mate.
He knows his wife Wendy is having an affair
But that does not bother him he does not care
From each other love secrets they refuse to hide
And he too is having his bit on the side.
He reckons the cause of their bad marriage is they married too young
And Wendy is fiery with a caustic tongue
His love for the alcohol to her condemnation did lead
But on her mission to change him she did not succeed.
From work to the pub for drinks with his mates
To talk about women and their favourite football greats
On saturday and sunday he is with his girl friend and in her flat with her he sleep
His marriage vows to him are seen as quite cheap.
His only mate at home is Pedro his dog
But he has got a lover and he likes his grog
A young man in his prime unsuccesful some say
But Billy will tell you that life is okay.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Billy by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
- Particle Of Breath, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alien Encounter, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns