Bit of Beckett Reduced to Haiku(for my old pal Al)
WAITING FOR GODOT
Waiting for wot...eh?
Never get to know...that’s life!
Up to her neck in
it & all Life’s shit but still
likes a good natter.
Life was hell & well
Hell’s hell too...doomed to repeat
what we have been through.
KRAP’S LAST TAPE
Alone with his own
voice tormenting him with what
might have been but was...not.
Life’s a game to play
but it all ends in dustbins.
A load of rubbish?
Left alone in dark
trying to talk herself out
of loneliness. Can’t!
Can’t stop the voices
that ferment inside us &
haunt & torment us.
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bit of Beckett Reduced to Haiku(for my old pal Al) by Dónall Dempsey )
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma