Bit of Beckett Reduced to Haiku(for my old pal Al)
WAITING FOR GODOT
Waiting for wot...eh?
Never get to know...that’s life!
Up to her neck in
it & all Life’s shit but still
likes a good natter.
Life was hell & well
Hell’s hell too...doomed to repeat
what we have been through.
KRAP’S LAST TAPE
Alone with his own
voice tormenting him with what
might have been but was...not.
Life’s a game to play
but it all ends in dustbins.
A load of rubbish?
Left alone in dark
trying to talk herself out
of loneliness. Can’t!
Can’t stop the voices
that ferment inside us &
haunt & torment us.
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bit of Beckett Reduced to Haiku(for my old pal Al) by Dónall Dempsey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel