Bit of Beckett Reduced to Haiku(for my old pal Al)
WAITING FOR GODOT
Waiting for wot...eh?
Never get to know...that’s life!
Up to her neck in
it & all Life’s shit but still
likes a good natter.
Life was hell & well
Hell’s hell too...doomed to repeat
what we have been through.
KRAP’S LAST TAPE
Alone with his own
voice tormenting him with what
might have been but was...not.
Life’s a game to play
but it all ends in dustbins.
A load of rubbish?
Left alone in dark
trying to talk herself out
of loneliness. Can’t!
Can’t stop the voices
that ferment inside us &
haunt & torment us.
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bit of Beckett Reduced to Haiku(for my old pal Al) by Dónall Dempsey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Combing Interior Forces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Songs of A Bull Frog (Part Three) .., Merton Lee
- Awesome Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fluid Insturmental Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Satisfied, Robert Ronnow
- Ones Parents, michael walkerjohn
- Fascinating Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Remedy to Find, Tirupathi Chandrupatla