Black Water, An Adaptation of a Theme from a German Movie
Water in the forest, terrible black water,
A pond over rot and dead leaves,
You lie silent, quiet, you, you stay still,
Unmoving, yet the storm rages around the wood,
In the groves pines lean and nets of spiders,
They are torn apart, and then splintering begins.
You, in the hollow, you, you rest, black water.
Branches fall, leaves scatter,
Bark peals from trees and flies all directions at once.
The wind rips all that stands, the grove succumbs.
But nothing reaches you, down there, black water.
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Water, An Adaptation of a Theme from a German Movie by STANLEY PACION )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam