Blest are the pure in heart
Blest are the pure in heart,
For they shall see our God;
The secret of the Lord is theirs;
Their soul is Christ’s abode.
The Lord, Who left the heavens
Our life and peace to bring,
To dwell in lowliness with men
Their Pattern and their King.
Still to the lowly soul
He doth Himself impart;
And for His dwelling and His throne
Chooseth the pure in heart.
Lord, we Thy presence seek;
May ours this blessing be;
Give us a pure and lowly heart,
A temple meet for Thee.
John Keble's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blest are the pure in heart by John Keble )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- a ReSoRt 2 rEtoRt and sum copy n paste, sEaN nOrTh
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Present, Elizabeth Shield
- CRY OF THE GONE, Atimiwoaye Adetunji dayo
- I Wish, Poetry Love
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke