A red-roofed house is shining to the skies;
A house red-roofed and brilliant in the wind:
A house of colour filled with wandering eyes;
And all the eyes are blind.
A gentle sound of moving fills each room:
A sound of hands, - dumb hands that touch and pry:
A sound of fingers feeling in a tomb
Before they close and die.
A hundred windows face long rows of flowers-
Long rows of flowers, and flowers that sway and dance
Where lidded eyes can gaze for hours and hours;
Blue eyes that shut in France.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blind! by Leon Gellert )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura