Blood In, Blood Out
The creed of the gang
Blood in, blood out.
All gifted at the place of blood.
Slash a face
Forget any grace
Stab an enemy
A day in infamy
At the gang's entrance
A deceiving sentence.
Only way out
Prove you can fight
Kick some butt
Spill more blood
Roll the dice
Pay the price.
The gang demanded the same cost
Blood to spill from His cross
The same blood to bring them in
In exchange for the gang's sin
Opportunity to be bought out
Of darkness into the light.
The creed of the Godhead
Blood in, blood out.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So they cried out again, “Crucify Him! ” Then Pilate said to them, “Why, what evil has He done? ” But they cried out all the more, “Crucify Him! ” So Pilate, wanting to gratify the crowd, released Barabbas to them; and he delivered Jesus, after he had scourged Him, to be crucified. (Mark 15: 13-15 NKJV) …blood bought us into His Kingdom, and takes us out of “the gang”! .
Comments about this poem (Blood In, Blood Out by Peter Hall )
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)