I take a deep breath and begin to blow,
And soon the bubbles begin to flow.
From my wand, the bubbles now stream;
The sunshine makes the bubbles gleam.
Each bubble forms the most perfect sphere.
My eyes see colours in something so clear.
A colourful rainbow can now be seen:
There’s orange, purple, blue and green.
At the stream of bubbles, I stand and stare,
As they float silently downwards through the air.
In each of the bubbles, the world is reflected;
By gravity, to the ground, each bubble’s directed.
I’m expecting the bubbles to burst on impact,
But, on the ground, many stay fully intact.
Across the ground, the bubbles bounce along:
They seem to be saying ‘We are strong! ’
The bubbles I blow are both big and small;
Sometimes I blow and there’s no bubble at all!
Watching the bubbles form and take flight,
Fills my heart with a sense of delight.
On the ground, a big bubble lands:
There for a moment, it silently stands.
Its existence on Earth comes to a stop,
When, without warning, it bursts with a POP!
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blowing Bubbles by Angela Wybrow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The Greatest, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Rhyme, Akhil Arya
- The Best Days, Michael P. McParland
- The Arrival, Michael P. McParland
- Thank You So Very Much, Michael P. McParland
- This Life, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thank You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Tenderly Ask, Michael P. McParland
- Taking It All In, Michael P. McParland
- VAMPIRES, ZOMBIES, AND METH, Chaarzarul Rockett