The Colours Of My Life
You’ve brightened up my life
With colours bold and bright.
Black and white and grey,
They graced my every day.
The colours were so cold,
But now they’re bright and bold.
Of my life, I felt so weary,
Surrounded by colours dim and dreary.
My life, it was bleak before,
But now there are colours galore.
You’ve brightened up my world –
New colours you’ve unfurled.
New colours came to play
And brightened up my day.
By bright colours, I am wooed:
They brighten up my mood.
Blacks and greys and whites,
Can make a striking sight,
But they’re colours of the night –
For me, they are too polite.
You’ve turned my world around:
New colours I have found.
Bright colours, I can see,
And all those in-between.
You’ve shown me different shades –
Added colour to my days.
My old life, I so hated,
But, a new world, you’ve created.
I know that without you,
I’d have a different view.
To my life, you’ve added spice,
And it’s really rather nice.
You’ve shown me brand new paths;
You’ve made me smile and laugh.
I’m no longer feeling blue,
And it is all because of you.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Colours Of My Life by Angela Wybrow )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri