The pains of love are evident
from the buttonholes I see.
They are always adorned
with blue roses.
The smiles have disappeared,
sadness glows in their eyes
and always there to see
are blue roses.
Blue Roses and the ache in their heart.
Blue roses and sadness they cannot conceal.
Blue roses the colour of their day
now that love has gone astray.
6 October 2011
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blue Roses by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov